Saturday, December 3, 2011

Art Imitates Nature


Art Imitates Nature

My life long friend M. Uvais had uploaded on to his "flickr" photo sharing page, a photo of a water plant floating on a small pond. He had photographed a macro of ( a variety of ) water lettuce which had very thick leaves. I commented that I could carve something very similar to that with soap! His reply was this; "I will email you the original" . When I received it, I found out that he had photographed three separate plants, two plants were framed in such a way that only two separate halves appeared and one full plant. He had cropped only the center plant for "flickr".

The above is my endeavor to imitate his photo ( on top ). I have carved three soaps, placed them apart as in his photo & to replicate the brackish water in his photo I placed my soap carvings on a piece of dark plastic and then photographed my work. Took few experimental shots at different shutter speeds and apertures and above is the best.

When I uploaded my version, Uvais was very impressed and clicked it as his favourite.
Please click below:




No comments: