Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tribute To A Rock

The Lone Sentinel

I am The Guardian of this beach, the Lone Sentinel of this magnificent shore. Many suns have risen in front of me, and set behind my back. I have enjoyed countless silver moons rise and bathe me in showers of mercury moonbeams. Never have I turned West to behold vivid and vibrant sunsets. On guard, I have never wavered nor faltered. To be content with one's task is the sacred duty of every sentinel.

Mighty waves break into a thousand ripples and gently embrace me in lucid hugs! Many a child has jumped over me thrilled by an affectionate chase! I have lost count of grandmothers who rested on me but not one fugitive ever hid behind me!

A sentinel, to guard and embrace, a lone soldier to lean on and a Rock to rest the weary; that’s me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: