Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tribute To A Little Boy

My Son Rose To Occasion
My son Maaz, studying in Malaysia ( on the right) was home for a short holiday. We were so happy to have him with us once again. The day this photo was shot was an exceptionally beautiful day, I was anticipating a very spectacular sunset and arranged for the whole family to cross over to Vilingili just about a kilo meter away ( or just about 7 or 8 minutes ) from Male'.

As soon as we set foot on the island I knew we were just a couple of minutes late for a sunset photo! I was mildly upset about this and had no hope of getting a good photo and accepted the trip was in vain. Almost giving up on shooting a photo we sat chatting on the western side of Vilingili when my youngest son Mazin on the left, just clicked a photo of his brother and it was unexpectedly good. A silhouette of course but needed the subject's profile. I was amazed at this result and it taught me a lesson I shall never forget. Many times we have a preset idea of what should be 'right' and how the conditions should be. Children with their agile mentality are more susceptible for trying different approaches and exploring new angles to what is so familiar to us adults. It is so natural for kids to refuse to be imprisoned in the concrete boundaries adults so often jail themselves in. I took the camera from Zin and asked to sit with his brother and after some adjustments got this charming photo of my sons! One of my favourite photos!

The sun was down but my youngest son rose to the occasion and made my day! We live & learn!

No comments: