Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tribute To Learning





Years ago I read a very interesting article by one of my favourite writers. Just as we have so many Best Friends as we pass through Kindergarten and Primary School, my Favourite Writers’ list just kept on growing!

Through the years I have tried to recollect the name of this particular writer, but the mist and the fog down the memory lane never cleared with this regard. When I get trapped I always make a philosophical escape and this is becoming a habit as I matured. Now my analytical mind tells me that if the words are wise, does it really matter who first uttered them?


This writer says that every three years, he tries a new hobby! Three years, he argues will teach you a new language, a new hobby or even a new craft and hone many skills. Three years may not make you an expert, but certainly you will be better than an average person! Oh how I wish I had learned this in my teens, mid twenties or perhaps early thirties even! Any young reader who reads these lines, please try this advice at home, school or wherever you are!


In the above photo the two orange coloured flowers are made of carrots while the white ones are of radish! ( three natural leaves provided from her garden and arranged by the Prime Minister of my family) I was introduced to vegetable and fruit carving in my late forties, and how I wish I had a glimpse into this amazing world a few years earlier! This is a relaxing and very cheap hobby and it is never too late to learn or start trying your first attempts! I always wish I met someone the year before , started to master the Butterfly Stroke a decade earlier read a certain book few years back!


I also learnt that our very influential teachers kept on changing in shape and form as we grow, and I can safely say the latest teachers are Google and you tube! Please do not be economic with these enormous resources!

Thank You!


No comments: